This is the error page that you will use in PilotPress for when your users don’t have the right permission levels. This is what people will see when they try to access a page for which they don’t have sufficient membership privileges. This page should include a login form, a link to your sales page (for non-members), and if your membership program is on a drip sequence (lessons ‘dripped’ out over time) you should include text information about what might have happened. Generally there are only two situations that could cause this to happen. Either a non member has tried to view a protected membership page or a member tried to reach a page without the proper level of permissions.
To create this type of page, use the following steps.
- Go to pages
- Create a new page (Or edit this one. It’s titled ‘Login or Upgrade Now.’
- On this page, add your title. (We recommend something like (‘Whoops! Your permissions are Incorrect.’)
- The text for this page should go something like this:
- ‘Whoops, looks like you don’t have the proper permissions to access this page. If you are a logged in member, you don’t seem to have the proper permission levels just yet. Either contact your site administrator or upgrade here (add your upgrade link here.)
- If you are a member but have not yet logged in, just use the form below. (Add the following shortcode to the page and it will turn into a login form on your page:
- If you are not yet a member, sign up for such-and-such program here (Add your link to the sales page).